News: Break Fast 5K & 10K Race Results

Registration is


Blaze of Glory 5K

Date & Time

Saturday March 22, 2025

5K Race: 9:00 AM

Fun Run: 8:30 AM

For the 18th year running, The Plumsteadville Volunteer Fire Company is proud to host a community 5K road race and which is known as one of the biggest community events in the area. The Blaze of Glory 5K race is our largest fundraiser each year. Fire Tax funds only cover 48% of our income, so we use fundraisers to bring in the other 52%. Donations through our fund drive letter or just donations from the community's kindness provide the balance. We also perform fire prevention demonstrations at two elementary schools, one middle school, one private school, and many childcare facilities during the year. We are present at business openings and township events as well. Favorite race director memory: The 2022 1st Alarm Fun Color Run - our volunteers throwing the color had more color on them than the runners!

1st Alarm Fun Color Run

Did you know our 1 Mile Fun Run is a color run? Check out some of our past event photos and get ready to get colorful! The color powder is nontoxic.

View Gallery

Parking for the Race

Parking is available at the Fire House but is limited. In addition, you can park at the Giant Parking Lot at Stump Road and 611 and walk to the Firehouse (if you park close to Capri Pizza, then you can go straight back behind Capri, and the Fire House is just down Stump). For those who wish to participate and then leave right away, this is your best bet since Stump and Meetinghouse will be closed until they can be safely re-opened.

View Maps


Online registration for the 2025 race is now closed.

Packet Pick Up & Registration

Friday, March 21, 2025 | 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM

Plumsteadville Volunteer Fire Company
(Get Directions)

Race Day Pickup & Registration

Saturday, March 22, 2025 | 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM

Plumsteadville Volunteer Fire Company
(Get Directions)

Course Map & Elevation

Who It Benefits

The Plumsteadville Volunteer Fire Company is an entirely volunteer fire department providing professional services to portions of Plumstead and Bedminster Townships as well as supporting all surrounding fire departments as mutual aid. The volunteer members run on average 325 emergency calls per year that range from house fires, auto accidents/extractions, domestic rescues, brush fires, carbon monoxide and fire alarms, and much more.

All proceeds from the Blaze of Glory 5K go directly to the fire company. The budget of the Plumsteadville Volunteer Fire Company is 52% funded by Plumstead and Bedminster Townships. The remaining 48% is raised by our members through fundraising events and donations. Money raised goes towards much-needed safety equipment. For example, outfitting a single firefighter with basic safety gear will cost over $3,500.00. This cost does not include the cost of an air pack which is an additional expense of $6,500.00. Replacing a fire truck can cost between $350,000 and $500,000.

Course Records

The official course records are for USATF certification #PA14001LMB, and do not apply to any previous course variations prior to this certification.

Course Records Female

Age GroupNameTimeYear
OverallTracey Sawyer18:582015
Under 9Ava Tweedale27:122017
9-11Isha Awasthi21:362023
12-14Katie Bosak22:112019
15-19Marisa Hawley19:162014
20-24Marisa Hawley19:592015
25-29Laura Onderko20:392014
30-34Tracey Sawyer19:112014
35-39Tracey Sawyer18:582015
40-44Stephanie Savastano20:292021
45-49Amy Bignault21:102021
50-54Pam Chapin22:262014
55-59Gert Freas22:072019
60-64Nancy Smith22:032018
65-69Lynda Terry25:112017
70-74Danielle Millet32:312023
75-79Rochelle Derreberry45:352017
80+No record

Course Records Male

Age GroupNameTimeYear
OverallSteve Gourley16:292015
Under 9Marco Pocai23:202019
9-11Thomas Smigo20:562016
12-14Jack McManus17:312017
15-19Dylan McKeever16:592019
20-24Alex Kane16:312015
25-29Steven Waites17:122014
30-34Matthew Brown17:572023
35-39Steve Gourley16:292015
40-44Bob Pultorak16:502019
45-49Todd Wiley16:582016
50-54Tom Drummond18:482017
Matthew Costello18:482018
55-59Keith Moulton19:562023
60-64John Hibbs20:432015
65-69Bob Boland20:212021
70-74Dave Broadbent22:492021
75-79Warren Taylor27:132015
80+Richard Millham36:572016

Race Results

Click the year below to view a spreadsheet with all race results.